12 months ago
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Perform the disassembly, cleaning, inspection, and assembly for the repair, and overhaul of the SafranHE family of Fuel Control Units (FCU), and/or Hydro-mechanical Units (HMU), and/or Engine Accessories
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* • Capable of utilizing O.E.M. overhaul and repair manuals, specialized instructions, drawings, etc. to carry out overhaul and repair processes
* • Utilize standard off the shelf mechanic hand tools, specialized O.E.M. tooling, standard calibrated measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, depth gages, dial indictors, etc., throughout all overhaul and repair processes
* • Capable of apply standard and specialized instructions for the disassembly of components
* • Utilize standard and special cleaning processes to insure parts are thoroughly cleaned prior to visual and dimensional inspection
* • Perform visual and dimensional inspections of components to documented specifications using standard and specialized equipment
* • Works with repair manual and internal documentation to accept or reject individual components
* • Capable of re-assembly of components utilizing O.E.M. overhaul and repair manuals, specialized instructions, drawings, etc.
* • May be required to perform testing operation of assembled components and sub-assemblies using standard off the shelf equipment or specialized O.E.M. test equipment
* • May be required to perform “On Call” duty on rotational bases
* • Must be willing to work night shift either on a permanent bases or rotational bases
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
* • Quality, reliability, and safety of product are the primary focuses. Errors must be eliminated and reported immediately to the area supervisor
* • Selects appropriate procedures for activity being performed from several options
* • Must inform supervisor promptly of all deviation noted during work processes
* • Errors may lead to waste and the need to repeat most or all of the work
* • All work performed must be documented on the appropriate form when required and after completion of each step as required
* • Must work in a safe manner at all times
* • Capable of performing trouble shooting activities associated with assigned task
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
* • High school diploma or equivalent is mandatory
* • Two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a mechanics profession is highly desirable
* • Basic Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
* • Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills which are adapted to the unique requirements of the organization
* • Airframe and Power Plant certificates issued by the FAA is preferred
5.0 Physical Requirements:
* • While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
* • The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
* • While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with over 72,000 engines produced since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of turbine engines, the company boasts 2,500 customers in 155 countries.