3 months ago
The Service Technician is responsible for the repair and technical support of AMT products. The technician must provide accurate and timely diagnoses and repairs of our products to meet our customer’s expectations in cycle time, quality, cost, and product specifications. The core function of this position consists of troubleshooting and repairing systems, top level instruments, subassemblies, parts and components, using computerized or standard test equipment to ensure the unit functions according to internal and published specifications and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoots electronic systems and/or instruments to identify fault at component level.
• Communicates with customers as needed to ensure understanding of reported fault.
• Provides technical support to customers as required.
• Identifies cost effective solutions for repairs.
• Repairs, tests and calibrates instruments to specification.
• Coordinates with technical support, manufacturing, and engineering as necessary.
• Completes standard and special documentation of repair work following the latest and current procedures and system tools the organization has for that purpose.
• Installs software/firmware and computer hardware.
• Maintains an efficient and organized work area utilizing “5S” tools.
• Provides person-to-person training on product repair, calibration and/or operations to a variety of employees, partners, and customers.
• Works within a small team to meet company and team goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manuals, technical procedures, step by step instructions and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Service Technician position requires a minimum of a two-year degree in related field AND at least three years of related electronics experience. The Technician must be proficient in current electronic theory and application. The Technician must be proficient in the use of standard electronic testing equipment such as digital voltmeters and digital oscilloscopes.
The following criteria are desired with the successful candidate having demonstrated experience and/or capability in a majority of the areas:
o Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
o Problem-solving skills
o Ability to handle difficult situations that entail interaction with people
o Ability to multi-task and excellent organization
o High initiative and task/project ownership
The Service Technician position is a very dynamic and exciting opportunity for the right individual with the daily variety of technical challenges and opportunities to help customers plus the opportunity to work in a small team environment with high personal impact on the business. Occasional travel may be required to help troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment at the customer site.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.