about 1 month ago
Technician, Field Service-TAME-USNY01650487
TECHNICIAN FIELD SERVICE
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USNY01650487
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Technician Field Service and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in New York, New York.
As a Technician Field Service, you will provide direct technical support to Bombardier Transportation and NYCT staff to diagnose faults, assesses failures, replace parts and potential design enhancements that can be developed to improve reliability for the R142 fleet.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace parts and recommend preventative and corrective maintenance, including associated documentation;
- Assist in the identification of design enhancements that can be made to improve vehicle reliability;
- Work with the customer, vendors, and internal engineering resources to implement these changes;
- Contribute to customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product enhancements.
- High school graduate;
- Technical School training (considered as an asset);
- Five (5) years of experience;
- Electrical skills, mechanical skills are a plus;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Technical/Customer Support
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 15.02.2019, 11:42:44 AM
18.03.2019, 12:59:00 AM