7 months ago
*** First Shift Opening ***
* Follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to hardware.
* Proficient with the use of coating systems including the 9MC Plasma Spray system, and TAFA Smart Arc.
* Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements and controls programs for robots as applicable.
* Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
* Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, tafa, antibond or metal masks prior to coating.
* Sets up and operates various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
* Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts.
* Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
* Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
* Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s).
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S