over 2 years ago
As an Avionics Technician you are:
* Able to troubleshoot aircraft avionics and electrical systems using approved technical data and minimal supervision.
* Understands engineering methodology for systems installations.
* Demonstrated proficiency in performing avionics and electrical modifications with little supervision
* Perform repair/overhaul of aircraft components in accordance with the applicable regulations, manufacturer’s specifications and the requirements of the company’s inspection system.
Disassemble, clean, inspect and order the correct parts based on inspection to complete the unit to the current manufacturer's overhaul specifications.
Use sound judgment in the decision making that is required to repair and overhaul the assigned units. When problems are encountered, advise supervisor in a timely manner.
Ensure that the test equipment being used is proper for the job and is in current calibration.
Responsible for the cleanliness and safe practices of the immediate work area and report any hazards that may jeopardize the safety of other employees.
Technicians are expected to and should plan to work a fair amount of overtime to meet customer requirements.
Train other technicians on units that he/she is completely familiar with.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Required: Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
* A minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
: Product Line
: United States-New York-Garden City
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran