4 months ago
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
A qualified aircraft maintenance instructor is required to lead the development of curriculum to train SNC, United States Air Force (USAF), and foreign national personnel on the A-29 aircraft. Training will include classroom and practical hands-on training. The Technical Trainer develops, coordinates, documents and conducts training programs. The Technical Trainer will utilize USAF and Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Instructions in the development of A-29 maintenance courseware. The Technical Trainer will work with Directors and Program Managers to partner and agree on respective roles, responsibilities, and expected results.
The Technical trainer manages and monitors the training programs and modifies them as necessary to ensure that all customer requirements are being met.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Partner with Program Management, Project leads, students, Business Area Leaders, and Directors, to develop technical development needs assessments, training materials, and conduct training. Work to determine the most appropriate development intervention, and design implementation strategies for the conduct of training.
* Develop Training Schedule and oversee the development of class schedules
* Develop lesson plans and conduct training sessions as required using appropriate training methods including in-person classes, Computer-Based Training (CBT), and/or video-teleconference or teleconference.
* Consult with internal subject-matter experts to assist with the development, delivery, coordination and recording of their training sessions.
* Oversee the scheduling and coordination of training programs both in-house and off-site
* Oversight of training records management (electronic training materials and electronic training files), including up-to-date training courses, training materials and complete and accurate electronic training files for clients. Provide leadership and performance management to direct reports, where applicable.
* Assist with coordination of training and provide training for off-site offices
* This position requires CONUS and OCONUS travel.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Visits to customer locations as needed for Training Program Support
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
Responsible for adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
* 6+ years of maintenance training experience.
* Experience with maintenance and or instruction of Avionics on the A-29 or similar aircraft.
* Extensive military training and instructor background, and experience supporting engineering development in industry, government or under government contract is preferred
* Experience with MS Office, web research tools, and familiarity with Intra/Internet tools environment required
* Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint required
* This position requires strong organization, presentation and communications skills
* Maintain strict confidentiality
* This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.