6 months ago
Technical Trainer - Electrical-TAME-USLA01665961
TECHNICAL TRAINER - ELECTRICAL
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USLA01665961
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Los Angeles, California you will develop and provide a technical training program (in-class and on the job training) to Bombardier’s employees integrating best practices as well as risk associated with the tasks into the program.
You will also support the reliability improvement team in the analysis of root cause and action plan to eliminate issues at source. You must have a proven track record with Locomotive repair or building with regards to electrical systems and diesel mechanics with a strong background in AC propulsion.
In your role you will:
- Develop electrical training plan and program including all required documentation, teaching classes and providing practical training to comply with regulations. Locomotive development essential and bespoke courses based on reliability and core maintenance need to be written and delivered effectively;
- Plan, design, and implement schedule for training, certification, and re-certification to comply with regulatory and customer requirements;
- Conduct testing of employees against standard for class;
- Perform audits to verify that tasks are performed according to the training and regulatory requirements;
- Maintain and update all training, certification, and re-certification records of employees required by customer and regulatory boards;
- Develop, maintain, and organize training manuals, reference documents, testing/evaluation procedures, visual and multimedia aids, and educational materials;
- Generate syllabus for training and testing;
- Keep current on regulatory and company requirements;
- Actively participate in FRB and reliability improvement meeting.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a college degree or equivalent in an Electrical discipline;
- You have a minimum of ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience;
- You understand procedures, schematics and drawings;
- You possess a strong electrical and mechanical background especially in equipment maintenance and diagnostics;
- You own a deep knowledge of AC propulsion and Caterpillar diesel engine;
- You are fluent in English (both spoken and written); Spanish will be considered as an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Technical Training
Primary Location: US-CA-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 20.02.2019, 9:15:52 AM