Technical Support Engineer - Quick Engine Change
Exciting New Technical Support Engineer - QEC
Our aviation client based in Gosport, who is a market leader in manufacturing, repairing, commercial and military aircraft are currently looking for a permanent Technical Support Engineer - QEC to join their expanding team.
Working as part of a multidiscipline team comprising permanent and contract staff and external suppliers you will provide engineering support to the designated area of responsibility to ensure continued efficient operation of the workshop processes.
To meet a high standard of engineering support services to customers.
* Prepare detailed work instructions for maintenance and repair of Lockheed Martin Quick Engine Change units, components or accessories to ensure compliance with approved maintenance data and customer requirements.
* Create work packages within the organisation's MRO ERP system.
* To effectively resolve technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group and liaise with manufacturers where appropriate
* Perform QEC and accessory test performance analysis and troubleshooting.
* Provides interpretation and clarification of overhaul data; produces material review board, temporary overhaul data requirement, unit build standards, and engineering bill of materials documentation to support operational repair and overhaul processes.
* Review airworthiness directives, service bulletins and manual changes to incorporate amendments into production.
* Review warranty claims and advise management on the disposition of assigned items.
* Provide written and verbal technical advice for customers; produce reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, and failure analysis or product configuration.
* Provide technical support during the implementation of new processes; specify tools and test equipment required and assist in training on the overhaul and test methods.
* Advise on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
* Maintain technical concurrence of maintenance documentation and records.
* Support the implementation of authorised repair or improvement schemes.
* Maintain the parts master data in conjunction with Illustrated Parts Catalogue within the organisation's MRO ERP system.
* Support logistics in maintaining configuration management whilst components are being repaired or exchanged.
* Respond to non-conformance reports to establish or assist in determining root cause and develop corrective/preventative actions.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carry out special projects as assigned.
* Carry out other duties as assigned.
* Experience in an aerospace environment with competence of structural inspections and repairs.
* Awareness and implication of the regulations and regulatory requirements of the aerospace industry.
* Knowledge of Lockheed Martin QEC H or J variant and component build standards, temporary overhaul data revision and original equipment manufacturing manuals.
* Working knowledge of MRO ERP systems, Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access software.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to provide advice as a subject matter expert and provide technical report writing.
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training
* Suitable engineering qualification.
* Previous experience within aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul industry within an engineering role
This role requires the individual to hold Security Clearance (SC) and be cleared for ITAR. Support will be given by the company to apply for SC if not currently held.