Harrods Aviation is a widely recognised leading company in the General (Private) Aviation industry. We are committed to employing the very best individuals who can demonstrate and deliver the very highest level of customer service.
Technical Services Supervisor / Deputy CAM
To supervise the Maintenance Control Department ensuring both Part 145 and Part M responsibilities as per the MOE and CAME are performed, adhering to regulatory and contracted requirements at all times to a high standard.
- Be responsible to the CAM & Technical Services Manager and assume responsibility for the supervision of the Maintenance Control Department.
- Ensure tasks are achieved in accordance with the customer requirements and meet the financial targets as defined by the CAM & Technical Services Manager.
- Advise the CAM & Technical Services Manager on all matters pertaining to facilities, tools, equipment.
- Ensure adequate manpower, training, spares, manuals, drawings and ground equipment is available for any work undertaken. Ensure that the CAM & Technical Services Manager is aware of any deficiencies that emerge which require his attention in respect of finance or additional resource.
- Ensure that maintenance procedures are established and published within the organisation, to achieve good maintenance practises and compliance with all Regulatory Authorities requirements.
- Evaluate computerised maintenance Due List.
- Liaise with customers to plan their maintenance requirements and define the extent of the work pack content. Identify Spare Parts provisioning, consumable materials and/or third party services that may be required to complete the work pack input.
- Obtain price and lead time for any of the items identified above and, advise customer. When authority and/or instructions have been received, place instruction upon the stores department or organise as appropriate. Present and discuss with Engineering Department:
- The work pack content
- The customer’s desired input/output dates
- The calculated man-hours estimated to complete the work pack
- The elapsed time anticipated
- Identify and resolve any variation between Engineering department capability and customer requirement.
- License coverage, certification and any labour requirement
- Act as point of contact on behalf of Harrods Aviation and Customer whilst work pack in ‘in work’ with Harrods Aviation Engineering department.
- Audit completed work packs received back from the Engineering Department.
- Service Bulletin administration: responsible for informing customers of issues and amendments of Non-Mandatory Service Bulletins.
- Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins:- Monitoring and incorporating into Maintenance Manuals, Maintenance Schedules and updating the computer.
- Maintain all Maintenance Schedules, Service Manuals, Service Letters, Bulletins and Instructions to current revision standards.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with the Regulatory Authority and Company Procedures in force at the time of the work being carried out.
The successful candidate must have the following: -
At least 2 years experience in a supervisory role.
At least 5 years experience in an MRO maintenance planner role.
Experience of working in a CAMO environment, performing Part M Subpart C, G and I activities.
Knowledge of EASA Part 145 and Part M Regulations.
Knowledge of other NAA Regulatory requirements.