Technical Services Engineer
TAA are proud to support our major aviation client in their search for an experienced Technical Services Engineer based in the Home Counties. This is a new position that has arisen due to continued success of our client.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure technical support to maintenance for continued airworthiness, reliability and availability of aircraft in Avionics:
· Conduct root cause analysis for Avionic System problems which may cause aircraft delays, cancellations or substantial expenditure in manpower or material or interruption in maintenance operations and initiate actions required to remedy.
· Ensure interfaces between; MRO, Operations and other technical departments work coherently and efficiently.
· Prepare engineering documents such as; EO’s and work cards to provide technical disposition for repairs, modification, inspection or any other maintenance related activities.
· Evaluate and implement Airworthy Directives and OEM SB’s.
· Review all aircraft performance monitoring reports.
· Ensure any significant deterioration and persistent shortfalls in aircraft performance are investigated and corrective measures initiated.
· Administrate the reliability program and continuously monitor its effectiveness.
· Formulate and revise MEL, ETOPS manual, Auto land manual, EO’s, LOPA etc.
· Control aircraft configuration, modification and weight and balance.
· Determine the actions required to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, in particular:
- Compilation of all EASA / FAA AD’s, National Authority modifications, mandatory and recommended SB’s as appropriate.
- Review all Operator Transmissions, FOT’s etc.
- Production of Technical Directives Evaluation for all AD’s.
- Performance of SB reviews and production of TDE for categories mandatory & recommended.
- Production of TDE for SIL, AOT for applicability and system reliability and / or economic benefits.
· Analysis of technical data from maintenance logs, MIS system, aircraft service records and shop finding reports to determine cause and failure trends.
· Conduct studies, statistical and analytical surveys technical monitoring, investigate failures, delay / defect analysis, flight incidents, in-depth shop and hardware discrepancies so as to improve dispatch reliability.
· Obtain approval required for mods / repairs performed on fleet.
· Prepare and amend MEL, procedure sheets, forms etc.
· Prepare Engineering drawings.
Experience & Skills
· Minimum 5 years recent experience in Tech Services on A320 Family aircraft.
· Engineering Degree, OR EASA 66 B2 Licence with A320 TR (current)
· Ability to work shifts or under periodic 24/7 on-duty scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hugely successful organisation on an initial 1 year fixed term with potential to extend beyond. Excellent package on offer for the suitable candidate.
All applicants will need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.