Technical services engineer to analysis component reliability data and review of SB/AD and other OEM documents to evaluate implementation of actions to improve the reliability of inventory and customer fleets based in West Sussex with attractive salary package
You will need to have excellent analytical and organisational skills with Good Excel knowledge and Quantum being an advantage. In addition experience in a Technical Aviation role and/or educated to degree level in Aeronautical Engineering.
Responsibilities of technical services engineer
· Manage acquisition and maintenance of all technical material associated with the fleet e.g. RSPLs, IPC/IPL, SBs, ADs, etc.
· Independently create and distribute reliability monitoring tools and reports
· 1st Line support for the Zendesk Technical Ticketing System
· Evaluate implementation of SBs, other SOP implementation improve reliability based on the analysis of component reliability data
· Review of EASA/FAA mandates and coordinate the actions required for pool compliance
· Maintain the accuracy of technical data in the company systems and databases including interchangeability, applicability, maintenance specs, etc.
· Plan and manage upgrade programs for stock and for PBH customer fleet through the MPL programme
· Act as technical liaison with customers and suppliers
· Perform tasks related to the support of the commercial department and proposal development
· Attractive benefits package
· On site gym
· Subsidised canteen
· Free onsite parking
Excellent career prospects with training and ability to progress within company. An exciting new opportunity as a result of expansion for a technical services engineer in a forward thinking innovative company.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.