about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10812
Location: US - North Carolina - Pineville
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2016 sales of $4 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
The Technical Services Engineer will support the Controls Southeast (CSI) Business
Welcome to CSI!
The Steam Tracing and Steam Jacketing Experts
CSI provides ControTrace® steam tracing solutions to heat process piping, tanks, & vessels; and CSI provides ControHeat® steam jacketing solutions to heat valves and instruments used in the petrochemical, chemical, and processing industries. CSI also provides the SxSeal™ above-ground sulfur seal solution, pre-insulated tubing bundles, and many more engineered thermal maintenance solutions.
Performs engineering calculations to specify the performance and verify the design of CSI products. Performs research and development functions. Provides technical support to customers and CSI personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform heat transfer, fluid flow, and mechanical calculations to support the design of CSI’s products
• Perform research and development activities in support of new products and process improvements
• Perform design reviews for engineered products to assure that design intent and design optimization is achieved
• Receive in-bound and make out-bound customer calls to evaluate projects, provide technical support, address customer questions, and discover sales opportunities
• Make formal technical presentations of CSI’s products / capabilities and provide technical training to internal staff and customers
• Perform field troubleshooting of CSI’s products and technical evaluation of customer’s equipment / needs
• Produce engineering reports on any/all of the above
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, specification, manuals and other technical documents
• Ability to write professional reports and technical documents
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other employees
• Ability to give technical presentations and training to large groups of people
• Ability to apply concepts of advanced math courses (Statistics, Calculus, etc.) to engineering problems
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form
• Ability to critically evaluate the various dimensions of a complex engineering problem (technical, commercial, human, etc.) and produce creative solutions
• Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to perform engineering calculations using numerical methods in Matlab, MathCAD, Excel or other software
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to coordinate and negotiate with other employees in a professional manner
• Ability to take ownership of assignments to assure work is completed in a timely manner and is of a high quality
• Ability to communicate issues/problems with management in a constructive manner.
• Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner that conveys competency and a customer-centric focus
• Ability to comply with safety requirements in various environments
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.