** Technical Sales Manager **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace and communications client to identify and recruit a Technical Sales Manager on a permanent basis. This role is permanently based in Dubai.
This position is an important external-facing role within the Aviation Technology division.
You will support the Regional Directors and sales teams for Aviation in order to achieve overall revenue performance and growth for the businesses portfolio.
- In support of the commercial and business aviation sales team, liaise with key target airlines and value-added resellers to influence the early stages of Request for proposal (RFPs)/ Request for information (RFIs) to qualify the prospect and to shape the business’ offering.
- Serve as a key technical authority within the Aviation team; take responsibility for communicating the technical capabilities of the company networks to prospective customers and assist in the capture of market requirements.
- Respond to RFPs in writing and in person; provide cogent, technically credible and commercially persuasive responses to prospective customer questions.
- Employ extensive aviation technical knowledge and analytical skills to address customer questions around capability, system performance, network integration etc.
- Build a network of relevant technical contacts and decision makers across the cabin connectivity/ IFE and/or the airline operations communities.
- Interface with key end-users and Value-Added Resellers (VAR)s to educate them about the key aspects of services
- Author or collaborate in the development of white papers and other external facing messages intended to highlight the advantages and benefits of services with respect to the competition.
- Become the subject matter expert for one or more areas of company product or infrastructure technology critical to the Aviation Business unit; keep current in this technology and act as though leader driving its development roadmap. Provide third level technical support to the Service Assurance team for these technologies.
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree or equivalent (satellite communications/ telecommunications/ aeronautical engineering).
- Prior experience in a technical sales/ product development position within the satellite/aviation connectivity industry
- Experience proving robust technical advice and solutions to customers in the commercial or business aviation community.
- Experience and knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) networks and networking technologies.
- One or more of the following:
- Existing network of contacts in the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), cabin wireless communications and commercial aviation space
- Knowledge of aviation electronic standards, interfaces, certification and verification procedures
- Experience with aviation satcom, air-to-ground, or cabin wireless systems installation or operation on board aircraft.
- Detailed knowledge of airline operations and operational procedures, systems and methods.
- Clear and concise communication skills; ability to articulate technical material to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Commercially astute; proven ability to influence customer interactions and requirements in line with wider divisional/corporate goals.
- Available and willing to travel internationally.
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.