6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
Interested in taking your career to the next level? Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? The communications and marketing team at UTC Aerospace Systems is looking for big thinkers who are ready to deliver game-changing performance. We are a team of dynamic, highly strategic and creative communication mavericks on a path to build an industry-leading brand. If you enjoy storytelling, translating strategies into performance boosting marketing and communications plans, and leading transformative change, then consider this your runway. Are you ready to take off?
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
* Author and update Component Maintenance Manuals and other ATA documents in accordance with ATA specifications for Goodrich Hoist and Winch Business located in Brea California.
* Coordinate and oversee Technical Publications work with the Global Engineering Center, India.
* Review Component Maintenance Manuals and other technical documents, for technical accuracy and format.
* Validate maintenance procedures.
* Write Service Bulletins and Service Letters.
* Manage the review and comments on process for new and revised technical documents.
* Develop maintenance data procedures based on various forms of engineering source data.
* Interview subject matter experts to get source data for documentation.
* Photograph maintenance steps for use in documentation.
* Update and create new drawings and illustrations for use in maintenance documentation.
* Provide access to technical documentation to approved aircraft operators through UTAS Tech Pubs Customer Portal. Respond to access requests from multiple business units.
* Primary, customer-facing contact for Tech Pubs for all customers from SIS-CA.
* Duties include planning activities, customer coordination, technical data and information interpretation and preparation of management level correspondence for status reporting.
* Possess knowledge and understanding of technical publication requirements as it pertains to FAA regulatory requirements and industry specification
* Understanding of S1000D specification, XML, use of Arbortext, FrameMaker, Word, Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD, Solidworks, and authoring style/formatting requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to support multiple internal business units by providing final versions of product/content for non-negotiable deadlines.
* The ability to attain a U.S. DOD security clearance.
* Ability to travel to customer sites both foreign and domestic (10 percent travel).
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
* Ability and capacity to gain a thorough knowledge of the relevant specialty area.
* Documents are reviewed for accuracy by a team of engineers and writers will cover multiple product lines and customers.
* Knowledge of documentation requirements and review/release process are the relevant specialty, with gaining knowledge of products important/preferred in conjunction with subject matter experts from each product line.
* Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technical Communications, with 5 years experience, or
* Master of Arts/Master of Science with 2 years of experience with writing technical publications, preferably in the aerospace industry
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.