7 months ago
Create, change or revise airplane maintenance publications using a variety of automated research tools and authoring systems. Analyze basic engineering designs and design changes to determine maintenance/repair/retrofit requirements, procedures and instructions. Develops fault isolation procedures and techniques of limited scope and complexity that guide end-users to identify, trouble-shoot and repair system faults.
Degree in Engineering classification (or equivalent) is preferred but not required or 1-2 years' experience in related discipline.
Prior technical writing experience plus any combination of the following is preferred: FAA or EASA maintenance licenses, i.e. FAA Airframe and Power Plant license. Hands-on aircraft maintenance experience. FAA/EASA Flight Certification Direct experience authoring Boeing Commercial Airplane technical Manuals.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Possess an understanding of engineering job practices, techniques and standards. Limited use and application of job principles, theories, and concepts.
* Strong PC skills with high proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office products functionality.
* Proficiency in Structured Authoring Systems and other job related Tools.
* Ability to learn new applications quickly.
* Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity for multiple projects.
* Ability to define and document processes as required.
* Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate solutions.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical aptitude.
* Locate source data from the applicable files and systems.
* Perform analysis from either pre set-up packages or from original source data.
* Perform production roles as assigned.
* Follows desktop procedures, publications standards and government/customer specifications for authoring.
* When required, programs documents for multiple SGML outputs by applying applicability rules within the structure of the text (e.g., BEAR & eMod).
* Determines proper effectivity and applicability for each authoring job.
* Verify information and check for discrepancies. Make changes as required.
* Marks up illustrations and submits using established procedures.
* Performs a thorough self-check of authored material.
* Meet production and quality standards.
* Uses effective communication to work through problems and ensures timely delivery of authoring tasks.
* Meet assigned schedules and deadlines.
* Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
* Creates system theory descriptions of operations of limited scope and complexity by analyzing product designs and engineering principles to provide understanding of technical systems and components to ensure product reliability and safety.
* Develops technical solutions of limited scope and complexity for customers that optimize their operations, resolve emergent needs and regulatory compliance issues.
* Develops maintenance, repair & retrofit procedures and techniques of limited scope and complexity that guide end-users to change, maintain and restore product into usable condition. Utilizes engineering data knowledge, maintenance operational knowledge and pertinent regulations that guarantee product reliability, safety and efficiency.
* Participates in the implementation of lean principles and technologies to support business unit initiatives and execution.
* Follows directions for routine work under close supervision; receives detailed instructions for specific assignments.
* Under close supervision, be technically responsible and accountable for assigned work.
* Works under close supervision.
* Exercises limited latitude in determining technical solutions; may require guidance and instruction.
* Understands and can effectively communicate ISO processes to company, customer, ISO auditors and representatives.
* Builds long-term relationships with customers.
* Other duties as assigned.
* May be asked to travel on behalf of the department.