2 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Designer to support the Commercial Crew Transportation System (CCTS) at Kennedy Space Center.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
* Leads the development and maintenance of engineering product definition.
* Oversees the development of design layouts and the modification of existing designs to satisfy customer and production requirements.
* Develops engineering product definition based upon Company requirements and parameters.
* Coordinates development of engineering product definition with internal/external parties to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design parameters as well as product functionality.
* Integrates work statement, work scope and work transfer packages with internal and external customers to requirements.
* Investigates and resolves complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues.
* Verifies accuracy of engineering data produced by others.
* Develops, validates, maintains and implements processes and procedures that govern product definition using knowledge of engineering principles, manufacturing methods to increase standardization, producibility, reliability, maintainability and affordability of the product.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
This position is defined as safety-sensitive by the Federal Aviation Administration and is subject to the drug and alcohol program requirements of 14 CFR Part 120 which includes unannounced random testing.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience with drafting standards (ANSI Y14.5M-2009), GD&T, design for manufacturability
* Knowledge of tools such as Creo, NX, etc., PDM/PLM (ENOVIA, WINDCHILL, TEAM CENTER)
* Experience with generative shape design, Part design, Assembly design, Sheet metal design, Tubing, Drafting,
* Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools
AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award