6 months ago
Seeking two (2) Technical Data Designers (Level 3) to support and lead various systems/subsystems for F/A-18 Avionics publications at St. Louis, MO.
• Develops multiple publication elements for all level of maintenance for a fielded equipment minor system or multiple subsystems include theory of operations, flight manuals, testing and troubleshooting procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, removal and installation procedures and schematic diagrams.
• Resolves source data gaps and inconsistencies with originator.
• Develops draft illustration or provides art mark-ups.
• Updates publication elements based on internal/external reviews, source data changes and equipment modifications.
• Collects, researches and analyzes source data to include equipment requirements, maintenance concepts, task analysis
documentations, work flows and concept of design to determine impact to technical publications.
• Validates source data based on predefined and developed assumptions.
• Performs quality checks and participates in peer reviews of completed publication elements for overall technical accuracy and customers format standards/specifications.
• Supports customer verification reviews and takes corrective action based on outcome.
• Analyzes technical requirements to determine project scope and deliverables.
• Estimates the impact of the proposal or changes to the publication elements.
• Participates in customer technical and program reviews.
• Resolves identified discrepancies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of military maintenance practices.
Ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities; plan and organize tasks to ensure tasks are completed in accordance with quality standards and established delivery schedules.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are necessary for effective performance.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Minimum 4 years Technical Publication authoring experience is preferred
Minimum 2 years use of aircraft avionics and technical data in support of F/A-18 aircraft is preferred.
Basic understanding of Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) and Legacy technical publication development is highly preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award