Place of work: Stans, Switzerland
Carbon60 are seeking a Technical Author / Illustrator, you will be located in the Technical Publications department with my clients business. My client is a global aerospace and engineering company located in Switzerland.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Production of line illustrations to iSpec 2200, AECMA S1000D, GAMA 1 and Mil-Spec specifications for the complete suite of Pilatus aircraft publications using industry standard illustrating and CAD integration support software.
· Understanding and utilization of general engineering documentation including but not limited to Engineering Drawings, Engineering Change Notes, Bill of Material, production instructions, system descriptions, CAD 3-D modelling.
· Creation, editing and data verification/validation of minor authoring-associated procedural, descriptive and flight crew packages and illustrated parts catalogue compilation projects.
· Management of authoring and illustration outsourcing requirements including quality control and associated budgeting and production scheduling responsible for the supply of related information.
Education and Skills Required:
· Minimum 5 years illustration experience with aircraft related documentation; utilizing industry standard illustrating practices and CAD integration software.
· City and Guilds in Technical Graphics papers 1 and 2 or equivalent.
· Thorough working knowledge of associated software including IsoDraw, CAD Process, Adobe Illustrator and Cortona3D.
· Knowledge of the specifications applicable to the publications environment including iSpec 2200, AECMA S1000D, GAMA 1, Mil-Spec.
· Good understanding of the English language.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.