2 months ago
Are you a top notch IT Technical Architect interested in joining our journey to transform Information Technology into a competitive advantage for Delta and be an industry leader? Our team designs robust scalable solutions and builds Flexible Engines/Frameworks and APIs to support Delta's Commercial vision and roadmap. If you are passionate about technology, innovative, love to solve problems, work in fast paced high performing team, and excited about blazing the trail, this role is for you.
The Technical Architect is responsible for contributing to the RM and Loyalty Engines and API design, software development, and overall product life-cycle for a product that our users love. Our team designs and builds robust solutions, Flexible Engines and APIs which is the key pillar of Delta's Digital Transformation journey. The integration of these Commercial engines and APIs into both internal and external channels enables commercial flexibility, speed to market and streamlining business processes.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Architect to play a significant part in driving technology deliverables to completion while working with a variety of technologies. This person will help lead the team in design and development for multiple initiatives, and is responsible for Technical Design, Architecture, Development, Enhancements and Support for several RM and Loyalty applications. The Technical Architect plays the Domain Architect's role on projects, defining refined and complete solutions.
- Serve as a technical leader in both the development and maintenance of RM and Loyalty Engines and APIs including creation and implementation of code standards and reviews.
- Collaborate with IT Leaders, Enterprise Architects, and IT partners across the organization from a strategic and tactical perspective to set direction to produce & support quality software solutions.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of RM and Loyalty applications.
- Ability to share and communicate ideas, both face-to-face and in writing to people at various levels within Delta in a clear, concise and contextual manner.
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (Backend, UX, engineering, Site Reliability and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Identify and translate system requirements into a prescribed architecture blueprint, and guide the process to completion by building/maintaining the necessary technical artifacts.
- Identify unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered with or without tooling.
- Identifies, implements, and shares technical solutions that can be used across the organization.
- Research and/or investigate technical issues impacting the organization and recommend solutions.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through bench-marking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to advise others of strategic technology direction.
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing.
- Participates and leads learning activities around agile software development and development core practices.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
The Technical Architect position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. 5+ years of technical lead experience with hands-on experience in building reliable and scalable enterprise software solutions.
- Proficient in designing and implementing API RESTful web services.
- Experience in Business Rules Engines and Business Process Modeling (BPMN 2.0).
- Experience with Red Hat products like jBPM and Decision Manager.
- Experience in modern microservice based architectures and methodologies.
- Experience in a TDD/CI/CD and DevOps practices.
- Experience in Java/J2EE coding, and Spring/Spring Boot framework.
- Experience with Distributed Caching like Data grid.
- Experience working in scaled, high availability environment.
- Experience in a front-end technology framework such as Angular 2+.
- Experience in version control systems (preferably Git).
- Experience in working with 12-factor methodology and understanding its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and computing, Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as OpenShift, Docker or Kubernetes is required.
- Experience in No SQL databases like Cassandra is a plus.
- Extensive experience in software development using Agile methodology.
- Functional knowledge of the airline business or airline IT processes is a plus.
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setback
Willingness to travel as required.
Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.