about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10988
Location: US - Kansas - Wichita
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Maint, Repair, & Overhaul
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Technical Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: 40
Travel Percentage: 0
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
AMETEK AEROSPACE & DEFENSE manufactures and provides repair and overhaul services for commercial transport, regional aircraft, business jets, military aircraft and military vehicles, and also serves both the airframe and engine component manufacturers and aftermarket industry segments. The AMETEK MRO Division provides Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul services across a broad range of aircraft components for the large commercial, regional airline, business aviation and military market segments.
Our Wichita operation was formed in 1965 with the expanding aviation market as the primary consumer and began operating under the name B&S Aircraft Parts and Accessories. In June 2007 B&S was purchased by AMETEK, Inc. B&S Aircraft Parts and Accessories specializes in repair and overhaul of starter generators, inverters, de-ice components.
The B&S Aircraft Parts and Accessories operation is a key contributor to the AMETEK MRO Division objective of doubling revenues in the next five years through new product development, global expansion and strategic acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Repair & re-manufacture Electromechanical components.
1. Dis-assemble units, inspect units, find parts that are broken or not functioning, order parts needed, clean unit, reassemble unit according to manufacturer’s specifications.
2. Test all parts on all phases of operation
3. Perform monthly maintenance on machines.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three year’s previous industry-related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Ability to work with close tolerances.
3. Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with co-workers, including the ability to speak simple sentences; ability to accept instruction.
4. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, work orders, and memos. Ability to read and understand blue prints and specifications. Ability to write simple correspondence.
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions and procedures furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
6. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to operate the equipment used in the department, including but not limited to test stands, lathe, drill press, grinder, presses, micrometers and calipers.
7. Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner and to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and supervisor.
8. Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
9. Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
10. Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
11. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
12. Ability to read, speak and comprehend in the English language.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, speak and write in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as Parts Manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY: Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-30 pounds and very occasionally lift and/or move up to 25- 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, the candidate must be either a US Citizen or Green card holder
• Travel: 0%
• Relocation is not available for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.