8 months ago
Apollo Travel Group is now looking for a Tech Lead to work in an agile, dynamic, supportive, playful and exciting developers’ environment. For the person with the right skills and mindset we can offer a great opportunity to work with sourcing and coaching talented developers, find challenges to grow and most importantly - have fun while you do it. We offer travel dreams come true, to our customers. Our office is located near Odenplan in Vasastan, central Stockholm.
As our Tech Lead you will collaborate with other programmers, app designers, UX/UI developers, QA and BI, creating and improving our services for travellers. Your team will be both employees and consultants working in our agile and autonomous teams, where each member has a big impact on the finished customer search, booking, payment and travel experiences.
The role as Tech Lead is important; you will be expected to develop and coach programmers towards shared goals using Kanban and agile environment, as well as being accountable for the technical delivery to get there. You will also have established contacts with our Product Managers to make sure we constantly weight and balance technical efforts and approaches to project time and the travellers’ vision making sure we offer great travel experiences. To help you succeed and set you up for success you will also be given the support to grow, be challenged, make mistakes and spend time on personal development to become the best you can be. To your help you have a bunch of skilled developers, CIO, IT Development Managers, tech nerdy HR and a business waiting for you.
Skills & Requirements
• Tech savvy: accountable for the technical delivery
• Knowing the traditional: balance technical decisions for the Product Management team and have a knowledge of project methodology
• Coaching: being there for developers towards a stable, performant booking, payment and travel experience with a code quality that enables and empowers high programmer skills
• Agile: drive continuous improvement of the development process and automation in an agile environment, knowing Kanban more than Scrum and being used to continuous, sometimes daily, deliveries
• Holistic doer: break down and estimate features and flag high risks, with plans for mitigation
• Team motivation skills: develop individual developers towards becoming high performing team members
• MSc Data Engineering, System Development or equivalent
• Proven track record of leading development teams or larger technical initiatives to successful delivery whilst still reaching higher levels of performing teams
• You have at least 7-8 years of professional experience Full Stack developing, .NET and with design/architecture skills
• You know preferably the retail and/or ecommerce industry well
• You have ideas on how to source, attract, onboard the best developers using your network, tech or agile meetups
• You are comfortable in English and Swedish, both written and spoken
In your career you have decided that leadership and technology is the path for you.
We think you are good at cooperating with new groups of people, but you must also be able to independently design/redesign major parts of the codebase. You are passionate about development and can easily adapt to new methods. As a person you are positive, dedicated, responsible, and love a challenge. An interest in travel, getting to new destinations in a team and being passionate about customer journeys, will be considered a plus.
Could be a great match? Click here to apply easily, as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Apollo. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Apollo might compensate for this.
About the company
Apollo is one of the Nordic region’s leading travel agencies, with almost 400 employees and a million travellers annually. With us, customers can travel all over the world, regardless of whether they want a relaxing and sunny beachside holiday, a warm-weather fitness getaway, or a weekend in an exciting major city. We arrange travel packages, fitness trips, cruises and city trips. We also offer secure flight and hotel bookings separately for customers who prefer to assemble the trip themselves.
Apollo, along with airline Novair, specialist agencies Golf Plaisir, Lime Travel and Xtravel, and sports resort Playitas all form the group DER Touristik Nordic AB. Since 2015 we have been part of the privately owned German group REWE, with over 300,000 employees.