over 2 years ago
The Cabin/Interiors Technician III has less than 5 years of experience in heavy aircraft maintenance. This is an ideal position for new graduates from Technical or A&P school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Removal, disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling as needed of aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment as galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, panels and carpeting.
* Repair, adjustments and installation of aircraft seats.
* Read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, service bulletins, aircraft manuals and catalogs and perform complex cabin reconfigurations.
* Hold general knowledge of tools.
* Understand how to read a micrometer, depth gauge or dial calipers.
* Identify interior fasteners and determine grip lengths required, and possess basic knowledge of installation methods.
* Clean corrosion and treat metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
* Apply corrosion preventatives and know to which areas of the aircraft corrosion inhibiting liquids may not be applied.
* Accomplish simple sheet metal repairs or simple replacements of structural parts.
* Fabricate replacement covering, panels or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
* Understand and practice correctly basic sealing procedures of aircraft structures.
* Identify the locations of pressurized areas of the aircraft.
* Open and close areas on the aircraft which are required to be opened for inspection.
* May effect bonded repairs of honeycomb structures.
* Ensure work performed meets FAA and customer standards.
* Follow standards of behavior and appearance for all staff members.
* Ask questions as necessary to increase knowledge or skill.
* Maintain work area in an orderly and clean manner.
* Clean and remove any foreign objects generated during the course of effecting repairs.
* Record time worked as directed by supervisor.
* Comply with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
* Comply with all AAR policies and procedures.
* Stay informed of such policies and procedures and ask supervisor for explanations of anything not fully understood.
* Take those prudent actions appropriate to the preservation of Company and/or customer assets, whether in monetary or other form.
* Attend work-related training as scheduled.
* Perform such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to communicate effectively verbally in writing in standard English.
Able to interface in a professional manner with other AAR Aircraft Services - Miami employees at all levels and with customers if required.
General mechanical aptitude.
Able to comprehend and follow instructions.
May or may not have an A and/or P license.
Must possess and be able to skillfully use the minimum tools required.
Must have 1 to 3 years of aviation maintenance experience and/or be new graduate of aviation technical or A&P school.
Able to learn.
Commitment to company values and ethics.
Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared.
Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
One year of aircraft sheet metal experience, preferred but not required.
FAA Airframe license in good standing, preferred but not required.
Some related maintenance experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach, lift, and move about the aircraft and facility.
The environmental characteristics for this position is a warehouse/production setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse/production environment.
Periodic exposure to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes.
Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance.
Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
Able to climb on ladders and platforms and work at heights up to fifty feet from the ground.
Able to work in extreme climatic conditions.
: United States-Illinois-Rockford
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran