** Team Manager – Electronics **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace client to identify and recruit an experienced Team Manager - Electronics on a permanent basis based in Buckinghamshire.
The role of the team manager is to act as the management focus for the staff predominantly engaged in the development of electronic products or sub-assemblies.
· Provide day to day management of the discipline.
· Setting objectives and development plans for members of the discipline and oversee the implementation
· Supporting the responsiveness of customer queries
· Ensuring that the staff have monthly one-to-one sessions in support of their personal development plans.
· Create and manage the future skills matrix, training plans and recruitment plan for electronics engineering staff.
· Generating future investment cases
· Supporting and contributing to process improvement activities for the function.
· Contributing information for formulation of KPIs for the function.
· Managing the development lab facilities
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
· Strong data analysis skills with proficient knowledge of ERP, SharePoint and document management systems.
· Electronic Engineering competence
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven management experience leading and developing technical staff
· Ability to work under pressure and make business decisions using own initiative
· Degree Qualified in an engineering or science discipline
· Previous experience managing development staff in the avionics electronics field
· Experience working with ERP, formal change processes, engineering documents and data
· Familiarity with formal change control and corrective action processes
· An understanding of export compliance classification (desirable)
· Competent in all areas of MS Office, including report writing
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.