3 months ago
TCAS Products Sr. Systems Engineer
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 06/11/City Melbourne
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The CNS Surveillance Department in Melbourne, Florida is seeking to fill a System Engineering Position. This is a mid-level systems engineering position within CNS Surveillance TCAS Products Group. This position will perform assignments requiring the use and application of systems engineering principles and techniques and perform radio frequency (RF) hardware testing, integration and trouble shooting in support of new products for the Next Generation Air Transportation System. The position will support the development system level requirements and test procedures. The engineer must have knowledge of the principles and techniques commonly used in systems development and qualification related to commercial avionics. The position will also plan projects in order to determine the best approach to be taken to accomplish the project goals and support development of bids and schedules.This position encompasses both new design and product sustaining support roles.
* Significant RF domain knowledge and knowledge of products and systems in an avionics area (e.g. TCAS Products). Utilize and set expectations for the application of internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts.
* Mentors product development teams in the utilization of the appropriate processes and tools.
* Contribute to systems engineering requirements capture, analysis, decomposition and allocation in the area of domain expertise.
* Develop tests and data analysisto troubleshoot system problems or performance issues
* Develop and conduct test plans and procedures; and verify results of laboratory and flight tests in support of FAA certification.
* Design, test, analyze, integrate, qualify and document systems of moderate to high complexity such as systems with multiple sub-systems with multiple hardware components or mixed electrical technologies and software programs. Assure that development products are designed to meet the applicable requirements.
* Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity.
* Estimate, track, own and report status relating to technical performance, cost, schedule and risk for assigned scope of work.
* Review metrics and defect trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements and recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in systems development processes.
Job Skills and Attributes:
* Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
* Cooperation - Takes personal initiative to proactively serve as team motivator creating strong morale and synergy
* Dependability - Ensures that all details of a project are accurate before delegating to others.
* Drive - Displays energy, persistence, and a positive attitude when working on most projects.
* Judgment - Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions.
* Listening - Consistently practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others.
* Relationships - Develops relationships with others that are based on trust.
* Writing - Produces reports, procedures and proposals that are clearly and concisely written.
* Processes - Understand the aspects of various aviation industry qualification standards, such as DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B, ARP 4754A and meeting requirements of TSO submissions.
The successful candidate must:
* This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
* Have domain knowledge of avionics products, RF systems and experience in working on a cross functional team
* Have experience in systems design including requirements capture/analysis, system design and systems integration/test, including hardware/software integration.
* Have solid communication, documentation and collaboration/teamwork skills.
* Have a background that includes several of the following elements; Communication Systems, Systems, Signal Processing, Electromagnetic Theory or Modeling/Simulation.
* Avionics data networks, ARINC 429 and/or AFDX based solutions• Have experience with
* Capable of making decisions that may have significant impact on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
* Capable of interfacing directly with customers including presentations and issue resolution.
Proficient with development tools such as:
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.