7 months ago
Vertex is looking to hire a program contract recruiter for our Madison, MS facility. This is a fast-paced role that will support numerous hiring managers. You will be responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting and play a critical role in ensuring the organization is hiring only the best candidates. This is a performance based role. Performance will be evaluated on a weekly basis for continued employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages talent acquisition process with enthusiasm and accuracy from requisition initiation through offer acceptance.
• Works with Hiring Managers with each phase and communicates updates.
• Processes new requisitions and approvals through Taleo Applicant Tracking System, including obtaining all required approvals.
• Recruits for technical and non-technical, temporary and direct-hire employees.
• Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
• Posts openings internally and externally on company website and other position-appropriate venues.
• Reviews applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements, forwards qualified candidates to hiring manager and may conduct prescreening interviews.
• Schedules and coordinates interviews with all participating interviewers.
• Collects candidate feedback and maintains records.
• Assists in performing reference checks and initiating background checks and drug screens for potential employees.
• Recruits for, tracks and follows up on all temporary and contract employees.
• Negotiates offers, relocations, start dates, etc., within approved boundaries.
• Coordinates candidate travel, if required.
• Compiles data and provides regular reports on status of open positions and recruitment metrics.
• Assist with new hire orientation as needed.
• Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
• Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.
•High School Diploma , Recruiting Experience preferred.
•Experience in an Aviation Maintenance environment preferred.
•Experience in a Department of Defense (Contractor) environment preferred.
•Certificate in Human Resources Management desirable.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
• Strong knowledge in all areas of employment recruitment including, but not limited to, competitive recruiting practices, including effective sourcing methods and competitive compensation practices.
• Be able to work with all levels of management.
• Knowledge of appropriate data tracking and preparation of Affirmative Action Plans in compliance with OFCCP requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Must be persuasive and able to sell company and positions effectively, and have excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, organization and accuracy skills.
• Must have knowledge of computer applications and specialty software with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®).
• Must be accomplished at targeting and achieving results, goal setting, prioritizing tasks, overcoming obstacles, establishing team standards and responsibilities and creating a results-focused environment.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to deal with changing schedules and priorities, schedule complex appointments and interviews across multiple time zones and locations, and work with remote team members and hiring managers.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust position (if required for the position).
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (if required for the position).
• Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
• The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
• Some travel will be required.
• Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Jul 15, 2018, 3:30:50 PM
: Staffing, Employment And Transfers