3 months ago
Systems Test Engineer Staff
Job ID: 467838BR Date posted: Jan. 21, City: Orlando State: FloridaProgram: LRSO
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This position in LM's Space Company supports the LRSO (Long Range Standoff) Program based out of Orlando, Florida and is a member of the Systems Test & Evaluation IPT (Integrated Product Team) consisting of Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) and Space members.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will support the Component & Subsystem Test Lead as an Electrical Test engineer with responsibility for Test and Evaluation activities for electrical and Electro-Mechanical components on the program.
• You will be responsible for test requirement analysis, test article integration and assembly, Functional, Acceptance, Reliability testing, Test Reporting, Radiation Hardening and E3 tests.
• You will currently hold, or will be required to obtain, Space's certification as a Certified Test Conductor.
• You will coordinate test activities with program personnel, suppliers, and test facilities and gather program derived test requirements.
• Taking the test requirements, you will develop test planning, author test plans and assembly and test procedures, and run Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) in support of the test activity.
• You will help coordinate the fabrication, procurement and assembly of test equipment.
• You will need to support selection and coordination of the integration of the required instrumentation for the test activity.
• You will support conduct of the tests and generate all required documentation, including test reports and verification sheets.
This position will require the candidate to manage multiple activities simultaneously in different phases of coordination, design, fabrication and execution.
The candidate filling this position will be required to work autonomously with little oversight by more senior engineering staff.
Travel required to various test and supplier locations, with surge travel as required to support extended tests.
A current Secret clearance (or Top Secret) that has been updated within the last 5 years is a requirement.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering (with a focus on electronics)
• Experience with integration and electrical testing of hardware and systems (e.g. production, ground or flight testing, V&V (verification and validation) system; data analysis and reduction
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple simultaneous tasks/efforts to successful completion
• Customer and supplier interface experience
• Current Secret or Top Secret clearance with investigation in last 5 years
• Formal experience with planning and executing reliability testing of electrical and electro-mechanical components and subsystems (ALT, HALT, RGT)
• Currently certified or have the ability to become a Space Certified Test Conductor (CTC)
• Experience working in small groups with the ability to proactively and efficiently engage with other functional groups to meet deliverables and program milestones
• Able to understand the entire system and the full lifecycle of the product. Able to oversee and participate in test planning, report preparation, and prepare test reports for customer; able to provide oversight of test activities at on-site labs and subcontractor facilities; ability to explain testing strategy, progress, and results to management and the customer, knowledge and experience with qualification testing
• DOORS experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail. Ability to articulate complex technical issues to subordinates, peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills including troubleshooting hardware/software
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative and team-based environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity or experience with Automation Framework
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Test Engineering Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First