12 months ago
L3 WESCAM is a rapidly growing company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground based market.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools alongside of some of the best thought leaders in our industry in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every 2nd Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule - in addition to regular vacation and public holidays), free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, and much more. Most of all, Wescam is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
To learn more about the history of WESCAM..
WESCAM is currently seeking a System Solution Engineer/Designer to join our team. Your need for a challenge will be fulfilled as you deal with the complexity of integrating the efforts of multiple engineering disciplines to create our world-class surveillance platforms while working with some of the best educated and brightest engineers in the business. Within this environment your ideas and skills will be enhanced by excellent technology and you will serve as a key member in a multi-disciplinary team working on a wide variety of platforms. Our location just west of Toronto makes it one of the most attractive places in Canada for practicing and advancing your platform integration skills and knowledge. System Solution Engineering encircles everything we do here so join the team at Wescam and be an integral part of one of the top Defense companies in the country.
Tasks to be Accomplished
The role of the System Solution Engineer is to support Bids and Proposals (B&P) activities and have overall technical responsibility for several types of projects within the Maritime, Land and Airborne fields.
Duties of the team members would include but are not limited to the following:
* Support to Proposal and Sales Activities including analysis of customer requirements, defining hardware configuration and preparing engineering estimates
* Internal Research and Development (IRAD) Projects focused on developing peripherals to be used with Wescam’s core offerings.
* Overall engineering technical leadership of system solution projects.
* Preparation of (Statements of Work) SOWs and/or specifications for third party hardware, external design and installation services.
* Sourcing, review, selection and verification of third party hardware such as recorders, microwave downlinks and radar systems.
* Site surveys in various customer locations.
* Custom cable design, documentation, build and test.
* Mission console design and development.
* Authoring ground and flight test procedures, verification procedures, ATPs, etc.
* Systems Integration Lab (SIL) setup, testing and system troubleshooting.
* Provide program engineering support to the Program Office for a variety of integration projects.
* Develop the necessary system requirements and interface documentation to support platform integration and test goals.
* Collaborate with L-3 Wescam's customers and the Program Office to ensure all technical issues are addressed promptly and effectively resolved.
* Support customer integration issues as they arise.
* Preparation of (Statements of Work) SOWs and or specifications for third party hardware, external design and installation services.
* Possess an understanding of systems engineering.
* Strong project and technical management skills.
* Ability to coordinate activities with multiple departments such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing and Program Management.
* Ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment.
* Understanding and familiarity with Military standards in Maritime, Land or Aerospace fields.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Progressive technical and project experience over 7 years.
* Undergraduate Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience in managing technical teams and subcontractors.
* Familiarity with the installation and integration of airborne electronic equipment
* Airworthiness experience would be an asset.
* Familiarity with ground and sea based platforms and the requirements for operating in those environments would be an asset.
* Familiarity with radar, microwave downlink and IP based networks would be an asset.
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam