SYSTEMS MODELLING AND SIMULATION ENGINEER
Exciting new permanent opportunity for a Systems Modelling and Simulation Engineer to join a growing and ambitious engineering company in Bedfordshire.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and able to work in a fast-moving environment within a Modelling & Simulation Team. Some customer facing involvement will be required. You will have experience of system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition and architecting; model development and integration, and verification and validation using MATLAB, Simulink and related tools; the autocoding of Simulink models to C/C++; assessment of third party work; and the development and maintenance of standard processes within the programme framework. It is vital that the successful candidate is flexible and comfortable working in a prototyping / demonstration environment, where contributing to elements of work outside their core skill set may be required
* Simulink model development, integration and testing of aircraft and aerospace systems
* Simulation development, testing and application with results analysis to provide understanding of the component models and their interactions
* Model development for integration into Distributed Simulations, testing in Distributed Simulation Environments
* Collaborative working with team members and suppliers in the definition and testing of complex system emulations
* Investigation of modelling and simulation tools to meet new customer requirements, and subsequent development of applications for delivery to the end user
* Verification and Validation of models/simulations
* Delivery, reporting and presentation of technical and experimental work, and provision of documentation (ICDs, User Guides, Delivery Notes) for models, simulations and applications.
* Investigative and analytical functions
* Process development and maintenance
* Configuration management
*The above is not an exhaustive list of activities, you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company. Some travel within the UK and internationally may be required.
*Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will required to be security vetted to a minimum SC level and should be prepared to undertake DV clearance if required.
* Aerospace Systems Modelling experience
* MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow
* Systems engineering lifecycle including:
* Systems design and requirements capture
* Testing, verification and validation
* Process development and documentation
* Prepared to travel within the UK and internationally
* 5 years' practical Simulink experience
* Matlab Coder, Simulink Coder
* Other programming languages (C / Python / Java)
* Distributed Simulation Experience (DIS, HLA)
* GUI development
* Military, avionics & sensors
* Batchelor's degree in an engineering discipline
* Software Configuration Management
* Git, SVN