3 months ago
Systems Integration & Test Engineer - Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 466737BR Date posted: Jan. 14, City: Grand Prairie State: TexasProgram: DRAGON/ARTS
Description:Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX. We are seeking a Systems to join our team.
At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is one of five Lockheed Martin business areas. MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. MFC develops, manufactures and supports advanced combat, missile, rocket, manned and unmanned systems for military customers that include the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, NASA and dozens of foreign allies. MFC also offers a wide range of products and services for the global civil nuclear power industry and the military’s green power initiatives. MFC has seven principal product categories that correspond to the vital capabilities it provides our warfighters and civilian customers in their defining moments. MFC pursues business in more than 50 countries with more than 50 product and service lines.
Tasks may include:
Analysis of design specifications and development of product specifications to satisfy customer requirements, develop and recommend the system architecture and interfaces of the product, as well as perform trade studies and evaluations of engineering designs and concepts.
Develop integration and test processes and perform integration of system components.
Determine verification methods, develop test documentation, lead pre-test reviews, and coordinate with Customer program offices and test facilities for test planning and execution.
Develop systems integration and test plans and conduct system and subsystem integration tasks, environmental tests, and ground/flight tests (at off-site locations such as White Sand Missile Range-WSMR) of the system to required levels to meet product requirements.
Generate and analyze performance reports and process control procedures.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers in the group.
MFC in Action (opens in new window)
LRASM (opens in new window)
IAMD (opens in new window)
• Education: Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer engineering, Physics, or Mathematics. Years of experience may substitute for degree.
• Combined education (above), with 9 years of professional experience or only 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Must have experience with the following:
- Integration and testing hardware systems such as production, ground or flight testing.
- System verification & validation testing.
- Data analysis.
- Customer and supplier interface experience.
- Converting customer or product requirements into systems solutions.
- Performing cost & risk assessments and trade studies.
• Desired experience includes:
- Successfully worked in a team environment.
- Solved complex problems.
- Understanding entire systems and the full lifecycle of the product.
- Participated in test planning, report preparation, and has prepared test reports for customer and regulation submission.
- Participated in oversight of test activities at on-site labs and subcontractor facilities.
- Presenting testing strategy, progress, and results to management and the customer.
- Qualification testing including EMI, ESD, and thermal.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First