5 months ago
Systems Integration Manager-TAME-CAED01889774
SYSTEMS INTEGRATION MANAGER
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CAED01889774
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, you will be in charge of the Design Build Consortium of TransED. You will be responsible for implementing and managing all system engineering processes to ensure that the multi-discipline works and subsystems, when integrated, will produce an LRT system that meets the technical performance and safety objectives of the project. You will also provide direction for overall design activities within the Bombardier Transportation (BT) scope for the project to ensure coordination of Engineering Activities to the Project Management functions of Product Introduction, Quality Assurance, Systems Assurance, Construction and Installation, Health and Safety, and project controls.
In your role you will:
- Manage the integration processes for the consortium, including preparation of Interface Control Matrix and Interface Control Management Plan, overview and approval of the requirements management and analysis, System design criteria, System Level design review, and other proposal and project documentation;
- Provide cooordination between Engineering and the Project Management disciplines within BT, and direction to the BT Engineering management;
- Manage BT project cost control and schedule adherence by ensuring that engineering work is coordinated within the overall Project organization;
- Provide project reporting and systems updates within the consortium and for client and BT reporting structures;
- Performance reviews, competency assessment and staff development.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computing or other relevant post secondary training or demonstrated work experience;
- You have ten (10) years of experience;
- You have experience with design of at least three (3) transit subsystems, managing a team of at least ten (10) other technical people in a major transit project, with industry processes for system integration, requirements management and interface management and control;
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 19.12.2018, 4:44:17 PM