3 months ago
Systems Integration and Test Engineer Staff (Grand Prairie, TX)
Job ID: 448305BR Date posted: Aug. 20, City: Grand Prairie State: TexasProgram: Spec Prog
Description:Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX. We are seeking a Staff Systems I&T Engineer to join our team.
At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Perform analysis of design specifications and development of product specifications to satisfy customer requirements, develop and recommend the system architecture and interfaces of the product, as well as perform trade studies and evaluations of engineering designs and concepts.
- Develop integration and test processes and perform integration of system components.
- Determine verification methods, develop test documentation, lead pre-test reviews, and coordinate with Customer program offices and test facilities for test planning and execution.
- Develop systems integration and test plans and conduct system and subsystem integration tasks, environmental tests, and ground/flight tests (at off-site locations such as White Sand Missile Range-WSMR) of the system to required levels to meet product requirements.
- Generate and analyze performance reports and process control procedures.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or related field.
- Familiar with integration and testing hardware and systems (eg. production, ground or flight testing; V&V (verification and validation) system; data analysis).
- Customer and supplier interface experience.
- Knowledge of system definition, system integration, verification and validation activities, throughout the life cycle of a product.
- Knowledge of converting customer or product requirements into systems solutions, including requirement and interface definition, Cost / Risk assessment and Trade Studies.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
• Experience to plan system level tests, especially flight test, including coordination with range, and performance analysis. Manage hardware allocation matrix. Oversee integration and test of system from design verification tests through flight test. The candidate should be able to author test plans, test reports, and operating procedures. In addition, the candidate will serve as primary interface between the US Government System Test Representative, WSMR Range, LMMFC Field Team, and Dallas Engineering and program, will be responsible for Missile processing and flight tests at WSMR, test readiness reviews, and test working group meetings with the customer.
• Experience with integration and test of radar and missile systems. HWIL and chamber and field test experience highly desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First