5 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Systems Engineering Technicians (Level 2) in Melbourne, FL.
In this position, you will be supporting Engineering with various verification and validation efforts which will emphasize environmental, EMI, vibration, and functional engineering testing. Our client is a leading manufacturer and suppliers of sophisticated electronic products supporting both defense and commercial applications. This is a CONTRACT position that is available immediately.
* Support system test engineering with a variety of product hardware qualification, verification, and validation duties/or hands-on tasks
* This Tech will be supporting engineering not operations, supporting various verification and validation efforts which will emphasize environmental, EMI, vibration, and functional engineering testing
* Main task will be executing and supporting First Article and Qualification testing
Duties & Responsibilities:
The System Engineering Technician is responsible for performing tasks as directed which includes the following but is not limited to these tasks:
* Support engineering with a variety of moderately complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks
* Work independently on daily technical tasking
* Set up and conduct qualification hardware testing in accordance with test plans and procedures
* Record qualification test results and measurements, gather numerical and graphical data, and report observations/anomalies to System Engineering
* Support troubleshooting of system/lab test equipment and hardware
* Assist in the build and/or procurement of new or improved test fixtures, system test cables, system connectors, and test software
* Technical knowledge of engineering documents including specifications, test plan/procedure, engineering drawings, parts lists, and bills of material
* MIL-STD-810 Environmental Testing preferred
* MIL-STD-461 EMI Testing preferred
* Familiarity with a laboratory environment and supporting equipment (multi-meter, oscilloscope, function generator, power supplies)
* Comfortable with environmental laboratory and associated equipment (vibration table, temperature chambers, etc.)
* Experience with basic hand tools and lab equipment
* Detailed orientated
* Good interpersonal communication skills
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.