about 1 month ago
Systems Engineering Manager, Aerospace
Job ID: 465810BR Date posted: Jan. 29, City: Sunnyvale State: CaliforniaProgram: FBM-SEIT
Description:This Systems Engineering Manager position will support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program Flight Test and Evaluation (FTE) efforts by leading a group of engineers that oversees the Performance and Range Safety Analysis and Missile System Simulation and Analysis of the Trident-II D5 missile. Lead a team that works with the missile subsystem engineers, flight scientists, test engineers, and Navy customer counterparts to characterize missile performance and ensure range safety during flight test. Responsible to plan and develop team schedules and budgets for development of Flight Test Support Plans, and Range Safety Trajectory and Performance Reports. This leader will also schedule assignments, conduct employee performance reviews, and make sure their team is complying with training requirements. This leader position is badged to Systems Engineering and deployed to FBM Systems Engineering.
This position is located in Sunnyvale, but will relocate to Denver Colorado area by 2022.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 9 years experience in Aerospace Engineering, Test Operations or Systems Engineering or fields related to Flight Test
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 10% or more of the time
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Flight Test and Logistics experience Required
- Position will originate in Sunnyvale then relocate to Littleton, CA in 2022.
- Ability to work well with team members with diverse backgrounds and across multiple organizations
- Experience working with outside test vendors/agencies
- FBM Program Experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Related experience in at least one of the following Flight Test and Evaluation (FTE) areas: flight sciences, flight test operations, flight safety, flight analysis, range operations, simulation & modeling, telemetry analysis, telemetry collection and analysis.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First