4 months ago
Systems Engineering Manager
Job ID: 468340BR Date posted: Jan. 22, City: Boulder State: ColoradoProgram: SBIRS
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This position is for a Systems Engineering Manager for the Ground component of the Space Based Infrared Radar System (SBIRS) program. The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for management of approximately 20 individual contributors, collaborating with peers for staffing and personnel actions, ensuring their team is meeting program objectives, and working across the Boulder site for a cohesive and consistent engineering approach. This position requires experienced leadership of diverse teams, demonstrated Systems Engineering skillset, and strong Program Management understanding to lead their team and enable constructive technical discussions with the Chief Engineer Office and all Associate Chief Engineers. Over time the candidate for the position will need a strong technical understanding of all aspects of SBIRS and to act as a guiding force to ensure the program development meets the customer Statement of Work, System Requirements, and can lead their team to achieve Operational Acceptance.
This position is also expected to interact with the Ground Chief Engineers and Program Managers to proposed new business ideas and technical enhancements to the system for yearly modification proposals.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Developing capability talent pools and effectively applying resources to program and proposal teams
• Identifying and strengthening critical skills and innovative solutions that provide discriminating value to the business.
• Developing career management plan for critical skill areas
• Driving employee engagement activities including talent management, career development, training opportunities and employee recognition
• Proactively addressing employee HR items and promoting consistent management processes at all levels of leadership
The candidate is also required to be a Full Spectrum Leader, demonstrating the following:
• Shape the Future – Strategic thinker and thought leader. Effectively assess, develop, and deploy talent to enable business growth and program performance
• Build Effective Relationships – Foster integration and collaboration across the program
• Energize the Team – Employ creative techniques to spark innovation, boost morale, and build high performing teams
• Deliver Results – Execute program commitments within all cost, schedule and quality constraints
• Model Personal Excellence – Nurture a continuous learning environment through training, collaboration, self-study, webinars, brown bags, and domain knowledge transfer
• Demonstrated professional experience in systems engineering or system architecture
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or physical sciences required or technical discipline
• Experience briefing customers or senior management
• Minimum of 12 years of demonstrated experience in engineering with increasing levels of responsibility
• Demonstrated experience with Systems Engineering life-cycle process and milestone achievement (such as SRR, PDR, CDR, or formal product delivery to a customer)
• Experience identifying and pursuing new work (such as Proposals, ECPs, RFCs, ROMs, etc)
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Experience in an Agile development environment
• Program Management or project leadership experience
• Experience forming and growing a high performing multidiscipline team
• Expertise in metrics collection, Risk and Opportunities Management, and staffing
• Demonstrated CAM/EVM expertise or knowledge including milestone reviews, audits, and (joint) surveillance reviews
• Demonstrated experience growing and nurturing talent within an organization
• Success establishing and cultivating effective customer relationships
• The candidate should possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, and show the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to shifting priorities and to effortlessly multitask across those priorities
• Demonstrated process improvement mindset
• Experience in space-to-ground architecture trades/definition
• Experience in space-to-ground integration
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First