about 1 month ago
Systems Engineer with Manufacturing Experience
El Segundo, CA US
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is seeking a cleared Systems Engineer to provide Manufacturing Engineering support for the development and procurement of state of the art reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition sensors for the Army. The candidate will provide systems engineering and acquisition support in a highly visible, fast paced program office environment.
This position is located in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
More About the Role:
* Provide sensor system engineering and program office support in working with prime contractor overseeing the build, assembly, test and delivery of end items to the US Army.
* Provide oversight of vendor production activities, including equipment, operations, materials, processes, workflows and manufacturing techniques.
* Evaluate cost factors, assess financial impact of design changes, and recommend methods for safe and efficient use of production facilities and personnel.
* Perform engineering review and analysis of vendor deliverables related to manufacturing, quality control, operations planning and production-related purchases.
* Support Government technical reviews of production activities, including Line of Balance (LOB), Supplier Status, Manufacturing Review Board (MRB) and other pertinent Manufacturing Reviews.
* Collaborate with various team members to resolve manufacturing issues and actions.
* Apply standard practices and techniques in specific engineering assignments and prepare data and documentation when applicable.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret Clearance.
* University Degree (BS) in systems or manufacturing engineering or a related field.
* 7 years of experience with standardized design, development, operations and process criteria for production lines.
* DoD Program Office acquisition experience.
* Experience in problem solving.
* Experience with manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
* Experience with Transition to Production (TTP) activities.
* Must be people/service oriented; work is customer focused.
* Detail-oriented and organized.
* Independent worker/multi-tasking ability
* Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with manufacturing, development and production of Forward Looking Infrared sensors and Focal Plane Arrays.
* Experience in an Army Product Management Office with Army Category (ACAT) level I or II programs.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.