10 months ago
Systems Engineer Stf
Specific Job Description
This job is for a Systems Engineer (SE) to work within the Military Solutions (MS) Systems Engineering Team performing a variety of technical functions, including technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. The analyses will be performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The SE will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. They will also perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The SE will be integral to the successful performance of Lockheed Martin’s programmes in the UK; the candidate will be expected to develop and adhere to challenging schedules.
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Provide expert knowledge and design support to the Lockheed Martin UKIS Engineering & Technology team by undertaking Systems Engineering activities including:
* Providing leadership and oversight on the design, development, and testing for Mission Systems, covering areas such as:
* Requirement analysis (DOORS)
* Review user requirements and ensure correct flow down throughout requirements
* Detailed System Specification(SS)/Sub-System Specifications (SSS)/Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) derivation from System Requirement Documents (SRD)
* Use of Case tools to correctly describe and link flow of requirements
* Detailed reviews with customer and internal boards
* System design
* Design Analysis Reports (DARs)
* Interface Requirement Specification (IRS)
* Architecture Designs
* Creation of System Definition Document (SDD)
* Develop Test system strategies
* Support Integration, Test and verification
* Review Test procedures
* Support design for test systems relating to integration rigs
* Support System verification and validation
* Run System sell off tests to customer and create reports to show correct validation of requirements.
* Support to Airworthiness
* Support to A/C and training system on specification and issues arising
* Signatory for Flight Approval Documentation
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Experience of the Airborne Systems with experience of Merlin Mk2 platform beneficial, but as a minimum the Individual must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* Analytical: ability to analyse technical problems and provide pragmatic solutions.
* Negotiation: ability to resolve Customer issues in an effective productive manner.
* Leadership: ability to draw together a team and motivate to achieve team goals and technical solutions.
* Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customer and Supplier.
* Decision-making: ability to make rapid decisions.
* Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a small team of people; good listening and debating skills.
* Technical innovation: creative thinking; proven ability to produce cost effective, technically compliant solutions.
Practical experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect) would be beneficial.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.