4 months ago
Systems Engineer, Staff
Job ID: 458582BR Date posted: Nov. 15, City: Sunnyvale State: CaliforniaProgram: SBIRS
Description:Lockheed Martin Optical Payload Center of Excellence is seeking candidates for the position of Responsible Systems Engineer (RSE) for the Next Gen OPIR, Block 0 Payload (Blk 0 PL). This position is responsible for assuring that the Payload supports the needs of the program. The RSE works closely with the Payload SE Lead, subcontactor technical personnel, and program SE to execute system, design and hardware trades, develop the system specification. The RSE is responsible for assuring configuration management processes are followed, and requirements verification at the PL level sufficiently support system needs. The RSE Lead is responsible for overseeing subcontractor models and analyses related to thermal, structural, controls, and specialty engineering disciplines. The RSE supports execution of milestone reviews such as SRR, PDR, CDR for the subcontractor and internal efforts. This position will work closely with the CPEs to assure the interfaces, commanding and conops as well as the verification planning and test requirements documentation support program needs. This position will coordinate with LM and subcontractor Specialty Engineering in areas such as EMI,radiation and parts engineering. The position is an integral part of the subcontractor management team.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent with 9 years or MS and 7 years
• Background in development of space flight E-O payloads, subsystems, or major components
• Systems engineering experience for flight hardware
• Experience presenting at program reviews (e.g. SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, etc.) - including understanding of entrance and exit criteria as well as validation of compliance
• Experience with technical and programmatic interaction with other engineering disciplines
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• Familiarity with LM systems engineering command media
• Systems Engineering Experience on a development program
• DOORS Training and experience in requirements tracking, VCRM development, verification methodology, etc.
• Formal training in requirements creation and experience in developing specifications
• Experience executing design, process and hardware trades
• Experience in risk processes
• Experience working with specialty engineering - PMP approvals, reliability analysis, contamination modeling, material applications, parts engineering, etc.
• Experience in verification and test planning and execution of AI&T phase elements
• Knowledge of optical payload electronics suppliers and products
• Experience working on a subcontract management team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Understanding of configuration management and operations of system engineering boards (e.g. ERBs, CCBs, etc.)
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First