8 months ago
Systems Engineer Sr Stf
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The role is for an experienced, motivated and professional mid-career System Engineer who is interested in involvement in the development of any and all aspects of complex systems across the whole systems engineering lifecycle.
Key areas of work will include requirements analysis, system design, supplier technical liaison, preparation and presentation of supplier acceptance evidence, integration and test of system components, fault analysis, change proposal generation and assistance in the development of qualification tests and evidence.
Initial and future roles could be within any business unit on site and any product be it an Armoured Fighting Vehicle, a Battlefield Management System, a Research and Development project or a space mission system to name some possibilities.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Whole lifecycle systems engineering on complex systems.
* Technical management of supplier sub-system development programmes.
* Management of small technical teams.
* Development of cost estimations for technical work.
* Experience of technical and programme risk identification and mitigation.
* Change impact assessment and management.
* Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
* Excellent Technical Author
* Use of DOORS for requirements management.
* Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
* Root cause analysis and reporting as part of a DRACAS process
* Experience of Integration and Test activities
* Development of Systems for Defence applications.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of Distributed Architectures.
* Experience of MilCAN / Ethernet / Serial bus.
* Experience of SysML / UML
* Experience of Data Analysis
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.