4 months ago
Systems Engineer, Simulation Development Lead
Job ID: 456440BR Date posted: Oct. 30, City: Sunnyvale State: CaliforniaProgram: SBIRS
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Mission Analysis and Simulations (MAS) Team within the Next Gen Overhead Persistent InfraRed (OPIR) program is seeking a simulation development lead--a role that provides an opportunity to contribute to very early technical program direction for a high profile national defense effort. As a Systems Engineer / Simulation Development Lead, you will:
- Be responsible for creating models to enable high level trades and Monte Carlo analysis of the next generation of missile warning satellites
- Enable trades and analyses to inform program decisions and drive system optimization
- Oversee planning, execution, and test of critical software products by a development team
- Collaborate with technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure appropriate fidelity is implemented, and legacy capabilities are carried forward into new simulations
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Simulation / modeling experience for aerospace or defense systems
- Team and/or project leadership
- DoD Secret security clearance
- Satellite or missile system simulation / modeling experience
- Simulation / modeling lead experience
- Agile process
- Simulation architecture design
- Scripting language – e.g. Python or similar
- Algorithm development
- Software test development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First