5 months ago
Systems Engineer - RF
Req #: 214453
Location: Fort Meade, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI Enterprise IT - IT Intelligence Solutions has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join team in Annapolis Junction, MD. This team provides services on an enterprise level contract that provides engineering support, technical services, and material procurement. This program develops, integrates and supports RF and cable communication collection capabilities globally.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong understanding of RF, to include HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems.
What you’ll get to do:
Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
More about your role:
Build, integrate, maintain customer systems
* Create/update drawings
* Feedback into system design
* Make hardware/software/RF recommendations
* Initial system configurations (network, OS, software, power/environmental monitors, …)
* Periodic system optimization
* Kickstart/VMware based virtualized deployment environment
Deploy customer owned systems globally
Test/evaluate new hardware/software to meet future customer requirements
Troubleshoot issues escalated by help desk
Respond to security incident reports
Patch/update COTS/GOTS software and Oss
Create/maintain custom scripts for managing hundreds of deployed customer systems (VMs/physical servers)
* Bash, Perl, PowerShell
Update documentation as needed to capture current system setup/status to meet configuration management requirement
You’ll bring these qualifications:
* Fourteen (14) years system engineering experience.
* Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
* Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
* Experience creating scripts using Bash, Perl, PowerShell
* Current TS/SCI poly clearance is required
What we can offer you:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.