3 months ago
Systems Engineer (Radar)
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The Mission Support team is embarking on new contract opportunities in Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) and Battlefield Management Systems, as well as undertaking additional R&D activities into a new product stream. This significant amount of work will require several experienced systems engineers to join the team to work across the entire spectrum of systems engineering activities. The key areas for work will include requirements and systems analysis, trade studies and system safety analysis.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Demonstrable knowledge and experience integrating Radar systems into data processing, visualisation and C2 systems.
Knowledge and experience of radar systems in order to be able to:
* Work with potential Radar suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products
* Understand the impact of the radar system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance
* Technically review and challenge radar suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
* Understand nuances of radar limitations and behaviours at system level.
* Undertake technical trade studies on radar options.
* Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for a Radar system.
* Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
* Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
* Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
* Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
* Change proposal assessment and embodiment
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Ground Based Air Defence Systems
* Battlefield Management C4i Systems
* Radar Integration
* Kill Chain Analysis
* Airspace Management
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.