4 months ago
Systems Engineer, Process Lead
Job ID: 469365BR Date posted: Feb. 04, City: Huntsville, King of Prussia, Littleton State: Alabama, Colorado, PennsylvaniaProgram: HCSW
Description:Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
Lockheed Martin Space is currently seeking experienced System Engineers capable of solving complex problems to be a part of the team developing hypersonic technology that could forever change our ability to deter and respond to conflict.
As part of the Systems Engineering team, you will learn to perform tasks related to development of the overall System including the Booster, Payload Delivery Vehicle (PDV), and Software (SW).
As a Systems Engineer / Process Lead, you will:
• Serve as the HCSW Process Lead supporting development of the overall System including the Booster, Payload Delivery Vehicle (PDV), and Software (SW)
• Have extensive knowledge of at least one of the key system engineering disciplines with knowledge of all Systems Engineering disciplines to include system design, requirements definition, allocation, maintenance, verification/validation, system integration, systems analysis and test
• Be responsible for all program process tailoring and will ensure the proper approvals, documentation and agreements are in place to enable the program to execute smoothly
• Play critical roles in the conduct of major program reviews including SRR, PDR, and CDR
• Participate in the identification and mitigation/exploitation of program risks and opportunities
• Provide support to various proposals or long-term systems engineering planning
• Be involved in all phases of the project life cycle (e.g., architecture development, CONOPS, requirements definition, design, qualification, verification, integration assembly and test)
• Work in a team environment and will represent the organization as a prime technical contact working with multiple disciplines, program management and customers to help work towards a complete solution
In this role, you may also:
• Participate in Specification and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Support the requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans
• Support missile system analyses in support of mission planning and execution
• Support tests at various test ranges, which may require some travel
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
• Demonstrated knowledge of System Engineering Processes and Tailoring SE Processes
• Demonstrated Systems Engineering (or related) experience and extensive knowledge of systems processes in one or more of the following areas (with understanding of all areas):
a.) Requirements identification, decomposition and allocation
b.) ICD and element specification development and management
c.) Planning or performance of requirement verification
d.) System-level missile system analysis
e.) Hardware and/or software test planning and/or execution
f.) System Integration
• Microsoft Office Suite
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret security clearance
• Experience as a Lockheed Martin (LM) program Process Lead
• Extensive knowledge of LM Space Command Media and Processes
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following:
a.) Missile system engineering experience
b.) Hardware/Software Development
c.) Missile or Weapon System Development
• Ability to work in a team-environment as a team lead or technical expert
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, with the ability to professionally represent the company and program in multiple settings
• Active Top Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First