4 months ago
Requisition ID: 14153
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer- Pro Line Fusion Embedded Display Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Systems Engineer or an engineer seeking a systems engineering position to join our Commercial Avionics Pro Line Fusion Embedded Display Systems team. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about designing, implementing and applying solutions for new aircraft pursuits, aircraft programs currently in development, and the wide fleet of Business and Regional aircraft currently in operation.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to experience all types of system engineering tasks from requirements capture and definition to certification of the final product on the aircraft. Job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Working with more senior engineers on requirements and system design.
* Development of system level specifications covering a wide breadth of avionics subsystems.
* Provide support to engineering domains during development programs.
* Development of system level test procedures to be used for formal systems verification.
* Support system level testing to demonstrate proper system behavior and satisfy certification requirements.
* Help with investigating and troubleshooting both customer and internal issues.
* The ideal candidate will have some experience in business, regional or air transport avionics product design/system engineering.
* They should have exposure to parts of the product development process from either the domain or systems level, which may include initial program pursuit, design and requirements capture, implementation and verification and validation.
* It is preferred that candidate have experience with domain and/or system level certification, but it is not a requirement.
* Individuals interested in this position must be comfortable working in a team environment and have the desire to be challenged.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.