3 months ago
Requisition ID: 7041
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer New Grad – Airborne & Ground Radio Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization! As a Systems Engineer, you will design and develop military software-defined radio products covering all spectrum bands. You will play an integral role in developing the next generation of both networking and non-networking software defined radio waveforms for existing and new communication platforms. You will interface with customers, multi-discipline engineering teams, and production teams to create solutions addressing both domestic and international customer needs.
We are seeking individuals for customer-facing product teams with the technical skills to quickly come up to speed on the software and electrical aspects of our software defined radios. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle for our communication products. Key responsibilities include: top level radio operation and troubleshooting; integration and verification of new embedded software and hardware; requirements capture, analysis, and validation; and resolving technical problems across functional domain areas.
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience using engineering lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators.
* Experience with embedded software designs, linux environments, and scripting languages
* Experience with design or integration of radio systems (HF through L-band Frequencies)
* Experience capturing and maintaining requirements
* Experience with maintainability and reliability analysis
* Experience generating test plans and procedures and executing said plans and procedures
* Experience in creation and execution of engineering test cases and procedures is a plus
* Experience in providing support to manufacturing
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.