6 months ago
Systems Engineer (Lead)
Req #: 216178
Location: Fort Meade, MD US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
CACI is looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer(Lead) Join the CACI team and use your skills for planning, implementing, and maintaining electronic infrastructures.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Provide top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
* Design architectures to include the software to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
* Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
* Determine and identify high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
* Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
More About the Role:
* Formulate and define specifications for operating system applications.
* Modify and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
* Create detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members.
* Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
* Develop software design documents and technology white papers.
* Instrumental in selection of development tools.
* Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Instruct, direct, and check the work of other task personnel. Instruct, direct, and check the work of other task personnel.
* Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Required Experience: Twelve years direct experience in the last fifteen years.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering).
* DoD Approved 8570 Baseline IAT Level I or Level II certification.
* ITIL Foundations certification required. must be current or able to be obtain within 90 days of start date.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP).
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.