System Engineer / Hardware Equipment Requirement Authority for the Platform Data Link Sub-System on Ground Based Air Defence Projects.
In this role the candidate will act as the key point of contact between the Project Systems team and Operations teams in Stevenage, Manufacturing team and the team in Italy. The candidate will be an essential part of the team as the programme moves towards completion of system certification for Land Ceptor, whilst also supporting the other customer and export programmes.
Carry out a range of System Engineering activities including:
* System requirements management and analysis, including ownership of Technical Requirement Specifications and management of Requirement Verification Matrix (RVM) towards generation of Certificate of Design
* Technical analyses and investigations, including the writing of compliance statements
* Development of technical specifications, interface control documentation and technical reporting
* Change control and management
* Define test plans, schedules and reports
* Plan, control and deliver projects or work packages, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
* Carry out planning, risk management and quality activities in line with requirements and processes.
* Support customer in delivering solutions to meet the customer's requirements and programme.
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
* Manage and report against the team's work programmes, including analysis of risk to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
* Significant, relevant experience in land weapon system or similar equipment
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience of applying configuration control process
* Practical knowledge of DOORS for requirements management
* Sound understanding of the system design process
* Good verbal and written communications
* Team Player with positive collaborative behaviours
* Excellent 'can do' attitude and pro-active behaviours