4 months ago
Systems Engineer III
Req #: 203862
Location: Fort Meade, MD US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI has an exciting new opportunity to join our team in a Systems Engineer role in Annapolis Junction, MD...
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
The ideal candidate will provide expert analysis, advice and recommendations to the customer regarding systems engineering aspects of the development, sustainment and operations of the RT-RG systems. This typically is in the form of developing, managing and improving processes and procedures to support program systems engineering practices; drafting and reviewing various systems engineering and acquisition documents and providing technical document reviews with comments and recommendations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE POSITION:
* Experience with defining testing processes and methodology employed to test requirements during program development. Experience with testing for Initial Operational Test and Evaluation and Full Operation Capability certification. Coordinate, manage, and witness regression acceptance testing and Developmental Test and Evaluation events.
* Technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
* Develop comprehensive SOA solutions
* Develop operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
* Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
* Improve standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
* Fully define interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware
* Use validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
* Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
* Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Apply and enforce use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
* Ensure effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
* Serve as a member of the CCB
* As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommend a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
* Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
* TSSCI with Poly required
Twenty (20) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.