5 months ago
Systems Engineer - Test Engineer III
The Systems (Test) Engineer will report to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers to effectively execute the program.
Requires working closely with DoD certifying authorities to plan and execute testing that will support a full rate production decision.
This position requires creative problem solving to adjust to a dynamic environment and customer needs with a detail oriented and open personality.
Required (Must Have )
* Requires a BS in Systems Engineering or other related technical degree.
* 6 years relevant engineering experience.
* Test and certification experts for flight testing our sensor systems
* Aerospace, systems, or related engineering disciplines with extensive flight test or systems test experience.
* Statistical language, such as MATLAB or Python, for data analysis
* Experience with various modeling methods including logistic regression, statistical modeling, ANOVA, time series, etc.
* Ability to present and defend complex analysis internally and externally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Passion for problem solving, answering hard questions with data, and continuous learning
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams.
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, integration and test are required.
* The successful candidate will demonstrate complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Additionally, demonstration of general knowledge of other related disciplines is expected.
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities.
Preferred (Nice to have)
* Master’s Degree in Engineering with 4 years relevant experience..
* Experience working with airworthiness approval authorities on certification issues is also desired.
* Aviation safety experience with either fixed-wing aircraft or rotorcraft is a plus.
* Experience as a Test Director for a Department of Defense program or project considered a plus
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* The position will focus on test planning and test execution while working closely with our customers
* Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
* Lead the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications. This includes development of test plans, procedures and reports designed to verify system performance requirements.
* Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements.
* Coordination, analysis, and management of test efforts to include but not limited to Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs), requirements documents, and airworthiness documents.
* Ability to lead and oversee a team of engineers during the execution of test missions and briefings
* Provide support for test planning working groups, test card prep, execution, and posttest mission summary reports.
* Participate in test scenario definition and planning which will include knowledge of statistics or Design of Experiments (DOE) to generate test matrices and conditions.
* Create test plans in conjunction with other systems engineers to ensure proper system configuration and limitations are documented.
* Work with the test instrumentation engineers to ensure the sensors and recording systems are installed for required data parameters, and preparing the test card mission lineup for each test.
* Review and validate test data, providing statistical analyses, as applicable, and developing test reports
* Participate as a member of and/or support specified Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and IPT directed technical and business meetings. Provide budget inputs to support test execution.
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
* Ability to work with multiple external organizations, including DoD test and program management organizations.
* Assist with identification of test resources and identification/resolution of test engineering issues.
* Maintain detailed, specific knowledge of all aspects of the test missions, including test procedures, Aircraft Operating Limits (AOLs) and Temporary Operating Procedures (TOPs).
* This position is expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are expected to be imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
* This position is expected to work under general direction. It is expected that the successful candidate would be capable of independently determining and developing problem solution approaches.
* This position will contribute directly and significantly to the completion of specific program goals and objectives.
* It is expected that this position will engage in frequent inter-organizational and external customer contact. The successful candidate will be expected to represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
This position requires a the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.