5 months ago
The Systems Engineer reports to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers in execution of the program. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead of the engineering team and is the Program Manager’s technical liaison. The Systems Engineer is responsible for decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports in support of the development. The Systems Engineer supports programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. The Systems Engineer should have intimate knowledge of the product technology and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support business development in defining systems architectures for business opportunities during the program capture phase
* Support the engineering team on refining the system architecture during the proposal effort
* Work closely with the project engineer and manufacturing in developing the Engineering Program Plan (EPP)
* Lead the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
* Work closely with manufacturing engineering to:
* Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability
* Plan production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
* Support the project engineer in tracking the EPP
* Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements
* Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* 6+ years experience.
* Excellent communication skills required
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
* Aviation integration experience, system integration tied to aircraft
* Aircraft configuration management
* Experience with airworthiness requirements including Mil-hdbk-516 and FAR 25 requirements
* Aircraft subsystem design background
* Architectural development experience and configuration design skills
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.