8 months ago
The Systems Engineer reports to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Technical Lead and lead functional engineers to execute the program. The Systems Engineer is responsible for decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports in support of the development. The Systems Engineer supports programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. The Systems Engineer should have intimate knowledge of imaging sensor systems and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support business development in defining systems architectures for business opportunities during the program capture phase
* Support the engineering team on refining the system architecture during the proposal effort
* Work closely with the Technical Lead and manufacturing in developing the Engineering Program Plan (EPP)
* Lead the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
* Design, build, integrate, and troubleshoot lab integration environments
* Act as engineering liaison to manufacturing engineering
* Act as a technical liaison to the end user
Work closely with other engineering groups to:
* Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability
* Plan production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
* Support the Technical Lead in tracking the EPP
* Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements
* Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and subsystems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* 6+ years experience.
* Excellent communication skills required
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
* Experience with visual (EO/IR/HSI/LIDAR) imaging subsystems including sensor and processing technologies
* Experience integrating and certifying visual imaging subsystems onto airborne platforms
* Experience deriving system level requirements from airborne platform mission CONOPs
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.